Salesforce Lightning Experience
Lightning Experience, from Salesforce, now provides a user experience that is cutting-edge yet very attractive and fresh. Salesforce, which has always provided highly functional sales and service features, has implemented this desktop environment to support your various business processes in a very comprehensive manner. The Salesforce Lightning Experience interface can help improve the productivity of your sales and service teams by combining a natural feel with some very intelligent and productive features.
The user experience is now simpler while, at the same time, the interactive assistant and the personalized alerts help your sales team sell faster by focusing your sales reps on what you know is important. Salesforce Lightning Experience helps service representatives support customers faster. It uses an efficient environment that brings knowledge, examples, and support tools together to solve problems. Lightning Experience can improve the productivity of everyone in your organization.
Lightning Experience is Special – Here’s Why?
With all its new features and redesigned pages, there are many key benefits to using Lightning Experience. Listed below are some of the highlights of Lightning Experience:
- Efficient navigation and the ability to switch between custom-branded apps
- Quick access to productivity tools like Notes and Recent Items in the utility bar
- New record layouts that focus on what you can do instead of what you can view
- Turbocharged list views that let you easily filter and visualize your data
- Beautiful dashboards with components that span both columns and rows
- Sleek report views that you can filter quickly to see the data that’s most important to you
Let’s look at the productivity benefits for each Salesforce persona.
Salesforce Lightning is a streamlined, action-oriented environment that promotes an efficient sales workflow. In every context, pages focus on the most important information first. Workspaces make your sales process clear, supported by best practices at every step. Separate tabs for details, related information, and collaboration bring order to pages and reduce the amount of scrolling to find things. Actions, like taking notes, making calls, and sending emails, are right where they’re needed, in context. And baked-in intelligence, from news and insights to Salesforce Einstein, tees up teams to close more deals in less time.
With Service Cloud for Lightning Experience, service agents are on the case resolution fast track. The Lightning Service Console is a high-productivity workspace with a single view of every customer so service agents don’t have to waste time toggling between multiple apps. The console guides agents through your case management process and makes every step faster to complete with efficiencies like a split view, drag-and-drop attachments, and case detail hovers. Add Lightning Knowledge to the mix and agents have the tools to find and share the right information, attach articles, and get to closed cases faster.
With the Lightning framework, admins can create and customize pages faster, without having to start from scratch each time. Don’t let the term framework scare you off. Admins can work their magic using the framework’s declarative tools that are available from Setup in Lightning Experience.
The building blocks that make up Lightning Experience are Lightning components. These components are reusable throughout the interface so it’s easy to create just what’s needed. We provide a bunch of pre-built components to get started, and an intuitive visual tool called Lightning App Builder. Admins can add, remove, and rearrange components on the home page or record pages with drag-and-drop ease. And beyond page layout decisions, admins can control how components behave, configuring the same component to use different properties in different locations – even on the same page. This flexibility significantly speeds up customization work.
The Lightning framework is a productivity boon for developers too. It’s fast to create custom Lightning components using the building blocks we include in the framework. And that’s just the start. The framework provides many other tools to help developers. For example, the Salesforce Lightning Design System is a complete styling library so developers don’t have to write their own HTML or CSS. Lightning Data Service consolidates data access code in reusable components, eliminating the need to write controller code.
Salesforce Lightning vs Classic
While Salesforce Classic feels somewhat dated compared to the rival CRM systems, the Lightning Experience is the updated user interface (UI) designed to display the data visually, rather than relying on text and numbers. Even though both versions share the same features, the new version stands out for the following functionality:
1. New design for ease of use. Salesforce Lightning has a modern, efficient and smart interface. All users can connect to their accounts across any devices. The requested information is surfaced for each one of them. That ensures the streamlined process and makes workflows more intuitive.
There are two key improvements:
A. Cool features from the mobile experience became available to desktop users.
B. Note’s “autosave” and the rich-text capabilities can ensure a better experience.
2. Smarter views. This feature can help users to focus on the more important things first.
Simply put, information will be displayed more dynamically and visually.
3. More columns on dashboards. The dashboards are no longer restricted to just three columns. The components are animated and can show more data-driven decisions at a glance. The users can now view both open and closed sales amounts instead of just the closed ones.
- Home Page customization. The Home Page can be customized and display necessary information first to help you be more efficient. In addition, the Home page can be reached wherever you need to see the overdue tasks, leads, opportunities and potential issuers.
- Activity Timeline. The Activity Timeline workspace enables you to create tasks, events, log calls and send emails and to track these activities efficiently. Also, the Lightning experience doesn’t require refreshing the entire page to save the updates.
- Opportunity Kanban. Opportunity Kanban has been added as a visualization tool for opportunities. The reps can review the deals at each stage in the pipeline. The drag-and-drop functionality offers you a way to move deals from one stage to another. Besides, you can receive personalized alerts regarding the most important deals in process and immediately observe their effect on the forecast.
- Lightning Experience is generally available for all editions at no additional cost.